General Term and Conditions For Work Order Agreement
1. Commencement of Work. Scope of Work will commence upon receipt of confirmation and deposit from Owner.
2. Deposit & Goods sold. All deposit paid shall not be refundable. All required deposit to MCST/council/any parties shall be borne by owner. All goods sold/ordered/reserved are not refundable, returnable, or exchangeable.
3. Exclusions. The above amount quoted does not include the following:
a.) Night works (all works quoted are based on day works unless otherwise specified).
b.) Architectural submission of drawings to BCA for approval and any other Professional Fee if required.
c.) All price quoted subject to site verification / measurements conditions.
d.) All materials samples proposed subject to availability.
4. Concealed Conditions. This Agreement is based solely on the observations handyman could make with the structure in its current conditions at the time this agreement was bid. If additional concealed conditions are discovered once work has commenced which were not visible at the time this proposal was bid. HRD handymen will stop work and point out these unforeseen concealed conditions to Owner so that and handyman can execute a Change Order for any additional work.
5. Deviation from scope of work. Any alteration or deviation from the Scope of Work referred to in this Agreement involving extra costs of materials or labor will be executed upon a written Change Order issued by the handyman and should be signed by the handyman and owner prior to the commencement of Additional Work by the handyman. All other works not mentioned in the above scope of works will be deemed as variation order and billed to client accordingly. All addition and alteration works after the confirmation of layout and design will be deemed as variation order and billed to the client accordingly.
6. Default in payment term and schedule. In the event the owner defaults or fails to make payments as herein agreed in the schedule, the owner will pay all reasonable attorney fees and costs, including collection costs, necessitated by said default to enforce this contract. Default or non-payment is defined as failure to make payment with 7 days of the due date.
7. Work stoppage, termination of contract for default and interest. HRD handyman shall have the right to stop all work on the project and keep the job idle if payments are not made to HRD in accordance to the payment schedule in this agreement, or if Owner repeatedly fails or refuses to furnish handyman with access to the job site and/or product selection or information necessary for the advancement of handyman’s work. Simultaneous with stopping work on the project, the handyman must give owner written notice of the nature of owner’s default and must also give the owner a 7 days period in which to cure this default. If work is stopped due to any of the above reasons ( or for any other material breach of contract by the owner) for a period of 7 days, and the owner has failed to take significant steps to cure his default, the HRD may, without prejudicing any other remedies contractors may have, given written notice of termination of the agreement to owner and demand payment for all completed work by HRD, including profits and overhead of 20% on the balance of the incomplete work under the Agreement. Thereafter, HRD is relieved from all other contractual duties, including all touch ups and warranty work.
8. Work Schedule. HRD handyman will follow strictly to the schedule prescribed. In the event of owner’s requests to change or delay the work for whatsoever reason, there will be additional charges to the delay caused. Handymen will only do the task issued in the order. Any request for additional work will require approval from the management. Additional cost, procedure of work, finishing expectation will be agreed upon first, prior to carrying out the work.
9. Warranty. HRD provides limited workmanship warranty on all handyman and subcontractor-supplied labor in this project for a period 30 days from the date of handover. After the period of 30 days from the date of handover, it is the owner sole remedy ( material and labor) on all materials that are covered by manufacturer’s warranty is strictly with the manufacturer, not with HRD and their handymen. Warranty follow up call. In the event of a call to follow up by owner/client on the incident which is not uner HRD’s warranty , a minimum transport & labor charge of $50 is applicable. If there is troubleshooting done, the hourly rate of trouble shooting applies; ie minimum $150 per hour. There will be pictures and report of the incident.
No warranty is provided by HRD on any materials/products/fittings furnished by owner for installation. No warranty is provided on any existing materials that are moved and/or reinstalled by handyman within the dwelling (including any warranty that is existing/used materials will not be covered during the removal and reinstallation process. False Alarm and/or phone order. We will charge a minimum of $150 for any order via the phone/sms/email to attend to any emergency or non emergency call during office hours. Additional 50% surcharge is applicable for after hours work. In the event of false alarm and our handyman team had arrived on site, the minimum cost $50 is payable.
Repair/installation of the following items is specifically excluded from HRD warranty: Damage resulting from lack of owner maintenance; damage resulting from owner abuse or ordinary wear and tear; deviations that arise such as minor cracking of concrete, stucco and plaster; minor stress fracture in drywall due to the curing of lumber, warping and deflection of wood; shrinkage/cracking of grouts and caulking; fading of paints and finishes exposed to sunlight.
All mirror and glass All installations/drilling works on tiled/natural stones/concrete wall; HRD will not be liable for any damaged to the concealed wiring/plumbing work and the tiles finish. It is the owner sole remedy (material & labor) to rectify the damage.
All incidents, loss or damaged caused by ACT of GOD.
All choke clearance job. Once the choked/blockage is being cleared and tested in the presence of the owner/customer, we considered the job is done. There will not be any free follow up call and/or touch up order for this instance. This limited warranty excludes consequential and incidental damages and limits the duration of implied warranties fully permissible under the law of Singapore.
10. Expiration of this agreement. This agreement will expire 30 days after the date at the top of page one of this agreement/quote if not first accepted in writing by owner.
11. Completion of work/hand over. Completion of work shall be considered to occur upon satisfactory final inspection of the owner; occupancy of the improvement by the owner or the posting of a completion notice, which ever occur first. Final payment, constituting the entire unpaid balance of this contract and including the amount of all change orders shall be made no later 7 days after the completion. Strictly no retention fees.
12. Entire agreement. This agreement represents and contains the entire agreement between parties. Prior discussions or verbal representations by the parties that are not contained in this Agreement are not a part of this agreement.
13. Handyman rights. As a professional handyman service provider, we will do our personal best to perform the job given. However, in the event of unreasonable demand from owner/client, we reserved the right not to do any job that will place us in danger and/or against the law. We reserved the rights to pack our tools, take pictures of the job done/half done and leave the place in a peaceful manner when the owner/client shown aggression with verbal and/or physical threats our handymen. Follow up communication to rectify the situation/job ordered will be done via written manner only, i.e. fax, email or letters.
14. All costs are subjected to prevailing Goods and Services Tax.
15. The above standard terms and conditions are not exhaustive, we reserved the rights to amend it without prior notice.